Green and Tasty Spinach Soup
We all know how healthy spinach is – full of iron and vitamins, it’s a true super food. But not everyone likes the taste when presented as a vegetable, so this is a popular alternative with my family at least.
300g baby spinach, washed
2 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 small onions
1.25 litres chicken or vegetable stock
Large knob of butter
Juice of half a lemon
3 tablespoons cream
- Melt the butter and fry the onions gently until soft, not brown.
- Add the potato and chopped garlic and cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the spinach and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat and puree with your stick blender
- Add the lemon juice and reheat
- Stir in the cream and serve