Now I know cloud bread isn’t a soup, but it is an accompliment and one that goes very well with my low-carb diet.
Of course it’s not really bread, but it is great with soup or to make sandwiches when you can’t find anything that doesn’t contain heapings of carbohydrates. Cloud bread seems all the rage this year and I can understand why.
One piece of cloudbread contains around 45 calories and I think it’s delicious when you add a handful of cheddar.
3 eggs, separated
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
3 tbsp cream cheese or Greek yogurt
salt and pepper to taste, plus herbs if desired
handful of strong cheddar (optional)
- Add cream cheese and seasonings to the egg yolks and beat well
- Add the cream of tartar to the egg whites and beat to soft peaks
- Gently fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture
- Add cheese if using
- Place large spoonfulls on to a well-greased baking sheet & flatten
- Bake at 130degs (fan) for 20 minutes until pale brown
Eat immediately for crispy cloud bread or leave to cool, when they go quite soft.
I love the cheese version but it’s not to every taste. Give it a try and see what you think